It is best practice to make frequent backups of your wallet. Without a backup you cannot recover your tokens in case of an event.
The following steps will encrypt and back up your wallet:
1. Start Wallet
2. Go to "Settings" > "Encrypt Wallet"
3. Create and carefully store your passphrase
4. Restart your wallet
5. Go to "File" > "Backup Wallet"
6. Save the wallet.dat file to at least one external drive
Your wallet backup is now saved
Restoring a backup:
1. Go to the folder "C:\Users\[YourUsername]\AppData\Roaming\Crown". You may need to unhide hidden folders
2. Rename the original wallet.dat file
3. Copy your backup file into the Crown folder and rename to wallet.dat
Your backup restore is now complete