Proposal Basic InformationProject Name:
walkjiveflyProposer’s Email Address: [email protected]Funds requested:
2000 CRW/month for 1 months - 2000 CRW totalProposal Hash:
3c67369ab31786ab1bff83c3634a71eb3b9b8983260d1f97c0e664bc741cdb4fHow To Vote YES:
mnbudget vote-many 3c67369ab31786ab1bff83c3634a71eb3b9b8983260d1f97c0e664bc741cdb4f yesHow To Vote NO:
mnbudget vote-many 3c67369ab31786ab1bff83c3634a71eb3b9b8983260d1f97c0e664bc741cdb4f noYou and your teamManager:
walkjiveflyProject DetailsProject purpose
Jack Of All Trades, Master Of None
There are gaps in the areas of expertise covered by “core” team members/governance proposals. The gaps are dynamic and need filling to different degrees at different times.
I’ve been a Crown hodler since November 2017. In October 2018, with time on my hands, I stepped up to help out with testing MN-PoS. Since then I’ve stepped up to help out with anything else I’m able to. In the last month those things included:
• 8 new Medium posts on a variety of topics
• v0.13.4 testing including 2 new Gitlab issues
• v0.13.4 update/installation script enhancements
• v0.13.4 release notes
• weekly updates of the Crown blockchain bootstrap
• daily presence in Discord providing support/assistance across all channels
• research into Phantom nodes (no immediate threat)
• research into the possibility of a Crown Wikipedia entry (not viable)
• completed the overhaul of the BitcoinTalk forum ANN post
• contacted hackerone regarding audit/testing of the NFT framework
My project goals are to continue in the same vein. I’ve been investing over 100 hours per month in Crown for the last several months. I do it because I enjoy it. If the community think it’s valuable effort it then it would be fitting to receive some reward for it. Ambition/Intention
The project is ongoing. It has already provided assistance to multiple operational areas, eg; development, testing, documentation, communication, support, infrastructure. It will continue to do so whenever/wherever I notice a need that I am qualified to address.
These are some of the WIP/possible tasks:
• continued interaction with hackerone
• continue creating weekly updates of the bootstrap
• more Medium articles including a series of FAQ posts
• more improvements to the update/installation script
• new "helper" scripts for various tasks
• get the Iquidus explorer hosted on a Crown project machine and publicly available
• continued Discord presenceProposal timetable and turning point(s)
The proposal will be resubmitted each month for as long as I have an interest in Crown and the community find it useful. This second proposal retroactively covers April-May 2019.Acceptance criteria
Project is ongoing and the product will vary from month to month (eg: Medium articles, Discord activity, Gitlab contributions). Voters may judge it a success if they feel any aspect of it has personally benefited them or they can see it has benefited others or the Crown project.Risks
None; payment is in arrears for effort I have already made. If the community think it was valuable they may choose to reward it.Funding requirements
Proposal is for 2000 CRW, paid in arrears for the period April-May 2019.
The amount is not tied to any fiat conversion rate. 5 successful proposals will allow me to accumulate enough CRW for a masternode.Communication
Communication will be through Medium, Discord and Gitlab. I have been, and expect to be present in at least one of those media every single day.Additional comments
I’m a stay-at-home dad with a 1-year old son and a professional background in software engineering. I have a lot of “free” time but a lot of distractions/interruptions too. I can’t commit to a fixed number of hours, or working times per day. However, I am generally available several hours per day, 7 days a week.
My physical location in SE Asia enhances the decentralisation of the Crown project by providing coverage in time zone UTC+7, complementing other team members in Europe, Australia/New Zealand and the Americas.
20190518 New proposal topic